As the spread of the virus continues in the United States, and seniors continue to be most susceptible to the virus, we have put further restrictions in place to protect our residents and associates.
March 27, 2020:
At Avidor communities, we continue to follow CDC recommendations to protect our residents and associates from coronavirus exposure. This includes changes like helping residents use online grocery ordering services, finding ways to engage residents with families virtually, and encouraging residents to follow social distancing measures. To date, no one in our communities has tested positive for the virus.
We all are making the best of this challenging situation, finding fun ways to connect with families virtually and staying entertained with individual activities. We also encourage residents to enjoy the fresh air (while maintaining a safe distance from others).
More information about how we are responding is available below. We’ll continue to provide updates here, and will be in direct communication with families, should the situation change at their loved one’s community. Please reach out to you community director if you need updates or have concerns about a loved one.
Effective March 13, 2020:
As of today, we are restricting all access to the communities by visitors, families and others with the exception of staff and medical personnel until further notice at Avidor. Please contact your Community Director with questions.
Effective March 12, 2020:
• Each access point to the community will be immediately locked except for the front (main) entry door.
• Visitors will be limited and must sign a CDC-guided document stating they are symptom-free and have not traveled to affected areas in the past 14 days. Visitor limitations will vary based on location and severity of outbreak in that area. Please contact your community director for details.
• All trips, outings and outside activities (other than for medical need) are to be canceled.
• The communities are not bringing in any outside entertainers, vendors or construction partners. Vendors are not to enter the building with packages or deliveries.
• All residents scheduled to move into a community will be screened according to CDC guidelines.
• Tours of the building will be limited to 1pm–4pm each day.
• All marketing-related events and activities will be canceled.
• Any associate who is returning from travel to key affected areas, or who has had contact with an affected person and/or Coronavirus symptom, is to self-quarantine and not return to the community for a period of no less than 14 days.
The health and wellness of our residents, families, and associates is our highest priority. We remain in close communication with the respective boards of health and other public health officials to make informed operational decisions. As the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and concerns continue to evolve, we will follow the guidance from the Department of Public Health (DPH) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) to implement health recommendations and share information in a timely manner.
If you have questions or would like more information, get in touch.